It's raining today and people often feel like they should not travel when it's raining or avoid Maine if the weather forecast is for rain.
Here are a few recommendations for things to do when it rains:
1. Owl's Head Transportation Museum
2. Farnsworth Museum in Rockland
3. Antiquing in Searsport along Rt 1
4. There's nothing like a trip to Reny's - it's the quintessential Maine 5 & 10 located in Belfast, Camden, Damariscotta, Ellsworth, and just about any town along the coast.
5. Roadtrip to LL Bean (open 24/7) in Freeport
6. Bowling - try Candlepin bowling - a New England tradition! Local lanes: Oakland Park in Rockport.
7. Take in a movie at Flagship in Thomaston, Strand in Rockland, or Colonial in Belfast.
8. Learn how to make a Windsor Chair or Shaker-style furniture in Lincolnville.
9. Wine taste with Cellardoor Winery in Lincolnville (tasting shop on Rt. 1 in Camden)
10. Tour Camden's many art galleries and gift shops.
11. Visit local artisans at their studios and homes.
12. Used books abound with booksellers from Camden to Searsport.
13. Theater - Camden Civic Theater, Northport Music Theater, and Belfast Maskers are sure to please.
14. Concerts abound in the region - check out the Bay Chamber Concert series or local bands at restaurants and clubs.
15. Purchase a day-pass to the YMCA and get fit! Or, use the fitness facilities and bowling alley at Point Lookout.
16. Visit the Project Puffin Welcome Center in Rockland and see their movie about puffin preservation.
17. Visit the Hollywood Casino in Bangor and drop your change in the slots
18. Visit the Children's Discovery Museum in Bangor or the Rockland Children's Museum
19. Make a trip to the Bangor Mall.
20. Explore the Penobscot Marine Museum in Searsport
21. The Maine State Museum should grab you in Augusta.
22. The Schoolhouse Museum in Lincolnville is a great attraction.
23. Belted Galloway cows will greet you at Aldemere Farms as you drive Chestnut Street out from Camden.
24. Stop by and taste Maine cheese at the State of Maine Cheese Company on Rt. 1 in Rockport.
25. Visit the Ross Center at Merry Spring Gardens.
26. Learn about woven traditions at the Swan Island Blanket Company.
27. Tour Fort Knox in Bucksport and go atop th Narrows Bridge Observation Tower.
28. Stop by the Sweetgrass Winery and Distillery for some local made spirits.
29. Stop by Young's Lobster pound to witness hundreds of lobsters in large tanks.
30. Ride on the Islesboro Ferry back and forth!
31. Explore the shops of Belfast and Rockland
32. Take a hands-on arts/crafts class
33. Take a How To Class at Home Depot in Rockport.
34. Take a How To Class at Lowes in Thomaston.
35. Work with an artisan in their studio - create!
Have fun no matter what the weather! Eat Lobster! Visit us!