For daytrips or weekend escapes, Mid-coast Maine offers a great combination of off-highway scenic routes, country roads, destinations worth stopping for - including delicious food. From May thru October, a wide variety of festivals and events make return visits very attractive. Attractions will bring you closer to Maine culture, the arts, great musiv, and the great outdoors. Bring your dog!
Bay Leaf Cottages and Motel welcomes travelers with their well-behaved dogs. Ginger, our 11-year old cocker spaniel, greets visitors and gives each of her new pals a welcome "doggie bag" complete with dog blanket, water bowl and mat, bones, poopie bags, and coupons for pet-friendly businesses in the area.
Our park-like setting makes bringing your dog alone fun. Nearby dog parks and beaches, pet shops, and hiking trails provides your pet with options. We offer an on-site outdoor shaded kennel with dog house and water feeder.
7 motel rooms (with water views) and 8 cottages (some with kitchens, some with water views) are designated "dog friendly". Be sure to book in advance, especially for weekends in July-August.
Ginger will be here until mid-October - we'll close around the 17th.
Questions? email Jane@bayleafcottages.com
What makes the Mid-Coast of Maine a destination for people who traavel with their dogs?
- dog friendly lodging
- dog-friendly businesses (ability to dine outside, shops that allow pets, shops that cater to pets)
- dog parks
- dog beaches
- unique dog walking and hiking routes
- training programs, events, fairs
- support services (veterinarians, kennels, grooming, training)
Dog friendly businesses in the Lincolnville Beach area (for those staying at Bay Leaf Cottages):
- Critter Outfitter (Camden)
- The Fertile Mind Bookstore (Belfast)
- Friends of Belfast Park (Belfast)
- Human Society of Knox County (Rockland)
- Loyal Biscuit Co. (Rockland)
- The Maine Dog (Camden)
- Mr. Paperback (Belfast)
- Owl and Turtle Bookshop (Camden)
- Perry Greene Kennel and Outfitters (Waldoboro)
- The Readin gCorner (Rockland)
- The Seagull Shop (Pemaquid)
- Sherman's Books (Camden)
- Yankee Clipper (Rockport)
- Zoots Coffee Shop (Camden)