This time of year - Fall and Leaf Peeping is really special in Maine. There's so much to see and do normally but there's so much that's unique to Fall...
1. Arts and Artisan's Tour in Lincolnville/Camden/Hope - this weekend (Sept 9-11) - ride around mid-coast Maine and stop at the galleries and workshops of accomplished artisans of the region. Everything from goldsmiths to pottery, fine art to metalworking.
2. Common Ground Fair in Unity - September 21-25 - get the 60s-70s vibe as you rub elbows with sustainable farmers, eco-friendly power, organic agriculture, artisans, home cooks, canning, unique products, and music/fun galore.
3. Vinfest in Lincolnville at Cellardoor Winery (Sept 30-Oct 1) - get in touch with your inner grape - which one speaks to you. Try 6 samples from a menu of about 20 wines made on-site. All are amazing and there are some unique blends thanks to local blueberries. Gourmet dinner, activities for the family, tastings for the adults, demonstrations/tours - all with a gorgeous fall view.
4. October 1st & 2nd in Lincolnville for our Fall Festival - brings the local parade and activities galore for family and friends. Don't miss the farmer's and artisan's market at the Whales Tooth Pub.
5. Camden International Film Festival (Sept 29-Oct 1st) - Showcasing documentaries from throughout the globe -screenings at various cinemas in the region - Lincolnville, Rockland, Rockport and Camden.
6. Carol Sebold Harbor Arts (Juried) Arts and Crafts Show - October 1-2 in the Camden Harbor. Don't miss this eclectic mix of established and emerging artists.
Don't miss area farmer stands and apple orchards. Pop into the many antique shops.
www.bayleafcottages.com Book soon!